Monday, June 29, 2009

Riverside Park

Is this Manhattan?

I had a meeting in midtown and decided to walk the MILES from there to the Hudson to eat lunch along the river before heading home. Okay, it felt a long way to go munch on a sandwich. But it is all part of my "Embracing All That New York Has to Offer" program. Underwritten by the "Living Your Life in the City" Foundation.

All my attempt to feel like I am really here and it is not all about money or romance or real estate.

Wow, I need to save this for the couch or back up.

Simply, I walked to the Hudson River and had lunch on a bench.

A clean bench. No one was sleeping it off.

This oasis over here is amazing. Blocks inland there is mayhem and general urban craziness and here on the same island of Manhattan is quiet, book/periodical reading, sunbathing, cycling and geese! It is this wonderful urban renewal called Riverside Park. I am in love.

I even waived to a friend talking to a sunbathing old man whose grey chest hair's reflection seemed to be blinding her.

Later, I walked by kids and parents playing softball at a baseball field and folks dining at tables with umbrellas!

Life is once again, for a moment, a musical.

If you look closely to mid left of photo, there are 3 geese. They walk around here often.

2 comments:

Criticlasm said...

Those same three geese? I wonder if they have an accent.

It is beautiful.

And good job on the scallops. Broiling them is terrific as well and simple.

pwlsax said...

"it is not all about money or romance or real estate."

Well, it is mostly about those things. And about the culture that makes them possible.