Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lincoln Center, New York City

New York City Ballet

I race here tonight to get a $20 ticket last minute to the ballet. I live here. I can do that. I really dig that.

New York never ceases to blow my mind with the possibilities is possesses. Sure in LA you can ski and go surfing in the same day, but in New York you can have a bagel with a real princess from a dethroned royal family, take a ferry to an island for the day and listen to jazz and be back in time to have a latte and a gallery glance before going to the symphony and a late dinner with multiple courses.

I didn't brag about it correctly, but this is the center of the flaming universe folks. It just is.


New York Philharmonic

So I come here and there are people going to the Philharmonic on my right and folks about the see a performance of the American Ballet Theatre in front of me and there are my people on the left going to see the New York City Ballet.

American Ballet Theatre

And I am not even SEEING the folks in the back going to see the SMASH "South Pacific" at the Beaumont.

Here's a list of what is in the Shopping Mall Food Court of Culture:



Jeepers!


2 comments:

Alexandra Boyd said...

So not much going on then!!! LOL!!

Don't get me started on one of those from London!! Maybe I should make a list.They are fun to do after living in LA for so long!
Not cultural but a bit fwah, fwah - going to the polo at Hurlingham this afternoon. It's the first time they have played on this historic ground along side the Thames since the Second World War - I can WALK there from my flat! Now that's worth a toast with a glass of Pimms!!

Anonymous said...

I love the "fwah fwah" That increases as one moves further east!