Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tibet House


The donor list includes every groovy celeb you could imagine.

Went with my friend (and East Coast guru) Sue to an Introduction to Meditation class at the Tibet House tonight. I thought it was 2 hours of meditation and thus freaked. But it was meditation plus talk, plus groovy Tibetan/Buddhist vibe moment.



Living and (not) working in New York requires one to take quiet moments. This is why the Hamptons was invented. But for those of us who aren't flush or connected, we have meditation.

The class was taught by author and expert Sharon Salzberg. I tend to fall asleep during meditation and she really gave me some good pointers on staying with the breath. (I have had this breath thing since I was born! And I don't want to give it up yet.)

Sharon talking post class.

I felt good afterwards. I felt like I had calmed my anxiety and mind. This is a breakthrough. Going to try this on in the morning before jamming 10 cups of coffee down me gullet. There are classes every Tuesday here and a good turn out. Hey, another way out of the bars and chance to meet the one...yourself!


And just like the bars, we were the last to leave:

No comments: