Thursday, May 14, 2009

Columbus Avenue

Some people worry about their mortgage. Some about aging. I worry about where to go on the Upper West Side when I am dating, closing million dollar deals or entertaining foreign heads of state.

My worries are over. (About the "where to go" part)

Ron and I strolled up Columbus Avenue this evening pre-theatre. We are both on budgets and wanted a coffee (cheap), a chat (free) and then dinner (affordable.)

I wanted to check out the new Joe the Art of Coffee which opened here. (Everything downtown always opens an outpost uptown for those too intimidated or lazy to venture down) It is great. The place is well laid out and already feels a fixture in the neighborhood. I saw my friend David in there typing away on his Mac while listening to music on his ipod. And there goes my pal Hillary out front with her cute umbrella. The service was friendly and I really like the Joe.


Wow, where has the time gone? We ambled down to Kefi for dinner. I had wanted to go to this Greek restaurant since it was on 79th and now here was my chance. Folks, this is THE find for me. I think it will be my default "nice place" when I have friends from elsewhere and we want to have a nice meal on the UWS. The food was great. The service pleasant and the atmosphere lovely. I have to rave about the grilled octopus, but all the food we had was wonderful. I felt fresh, clean, Mediterranean and like my skin cleared with all the olive oil when left.

Ron talking to passer by about how good it was.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

Has Ron lost weight? he's looking slim. I can't say anything about the guy in the red coat.. Don't know him.