Friday, May 22, 2009

Garden Party with Growing Trees, Brooklyn

Secret Garden Party

Bob and I took the uber-fast 2 train from the UWS to Brooklyn. Bob's editor at ClassicalTV.com, Steve, had a cocktail garden party. It was perfect weather and there was just the perfect casting of people and props! I am still in awe of Steve's party-throwing and hosting abilities. It is an art and a talent not all have. He has it in spades down the the name recollection thing. I am humbled once again and impressed.

Pat and Bob

Host Steve and Ted.

It was a beautiful evening and we met just the nicest people. One guy came in and said to me, "I know you!" and I, being used to looking like so many people since I get this ALL THE TIME, said, "No, I just look like someone you know." (What a pretentious ass!! Me, I mean. But I didn't mean to be really, it is just knee-jerk, not jerk. Really.) It just came rushing out. But then I took pause and SURE ENOUGH...we worked together in Los Angeles at Fox Kids!! How small a world is that?!

Fox Kids Alum, Pat and Tim (I went for that "extra in a 50's movie" look for this shot.)

Just had a ball this evening. It was what the doctor would have ordered for me if I had decent health insurance. Bob talked Trollope with his writer friend Chris Bram in the back garden to the left of the crudité. Chris wrote the book which the Oscar-winning film "God and Monsters" is based which Bob's friend, Bill Condon, wrote and directed. I spoke to people about unemployment and fear and party icebreaker ideas more in the front towards the hummus and olives.

Bob and Chris


Guys and Bell Peppers.

No comments: