Thursday, May 7, 2009

CUE: Thunder and Lightening.


Pre-storm park tranquility.


I was on the Upper East Side this afternoon with my friend Jonathan. We both had to go to the Upper West Side. The most beautiful and fulfilling way to do this is to walk across the park. But the sky above was as black as they town car that was taking Kiefer Sutherland that very minute to the police station where he was turning himself in for headbutting a fashion designer who he thinks bumped Brooke Shields without apologizing. (Kiefer, I think you need to look at your drinking. Just saying.)

Whew, that was a long way to go for a descriptor.

Panic!!

Yes, the sky was ominous. And it turned to voluminous straight away. We got caught in the biggest deluge cum thunder and lightening storm this side of the Hudson. It was amazing. And I loved every second of the wet, wet beauty of the black-trunked trees and the electric green leaves. The novelty wore off as we got close to my apartment. In the spirit of thorough and honest reporting, I must tell you my underpants were soaked through. (I can't speak for Jonathan's!)

Jonathan in the downpour. It gets even wetter later...

We had a good walk and it was magic in the park.

Walking in a downpour is one the great things about adulthood.

No comments: