Friday, May 15, 2009

L'asso et Hervé

Nolita night. See the dwarfed Empire State Building in the distance? Amazing perspective.


My friend Danièle in Los Angeles suggested her friend Hervé Suffet and I meet when he came to New York from Los Angeles for a visit. Meeting people through other people is what makes the world go around in my opnion.

We met at L'asso on Mott Street in NOLITA. Me, being the local, picks the restaurant. I wanted to find a place out of my UWS comfort zone that had charm and good food. So of course I chose a place I had never been nor seen.

L'asso. Perfect for post Star Trek!

L'asso is known for its pizza which was fine. The service was good. I cannot think that I will rush to return. It was just fine.

But Hervé and I had a great visit. He was very nice and interesting. And he was gracious and helpful with my French. We walked through Little Italy and Greenwich Village all the way to the West Village. It was a beautiful night and was a fun visit.

Hervé et moi en Little Italy.

He is an importer of French products and you can check out his website here.

Merci, Hervé. Bon voyage et bonne chance à Singapour.

No comments: