Sunday, May 24, 2009

Skipper, Chick Magnet


It is funny to be an imposter dog owner. This is much different than being a dog walker. I look like I am in an owner/pet relationship and not for hire. I just do. Plus it helps that there is just one dog and not six pulling me down 7th Avenue.

Why every straight guy doesn't get a dog, I do not know. I was taking Skipper's photo on the the street when a gaggle of four blond women walked by and it was catnip! Dognip? They loved her. And by extension, me...

And the impostor vibe keeps going. When you housesit you have a whole new library of books on "your" shelf and a whole new DVD and CD collection to experience. And the view out the window is different. I love it all.

I watched "Jesus Camp" and "Auntie Mame" and burned a load of CDs while looking out a window high up overlooking the Hudson and the paper cut out buildings and water towers of the West Village. Others may be in the Hamptons, the Cape or South Dakota, but I am here and I love it!

Truly a sweet retreat.

Thanks, Skip

No comments: