Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday in the Park with Isaac


A beautiful day in the park. I went to hear the Interschool Orchestras of New York play at the bandshell with some players from the Vienna Philharmonic.

I got the most perfect bench seat along the side. It was perfect save for proud parents blocking my view when they stood to take photographs. Bless them.



The first batch of kids was the young ones and sounded like Prof. Harold Hill's lot from "Music Man" - la di dah di dah di dah.... Bless them too. What a thrill it must have been to be a nine year old playing on-stage in the historic Central Park Bandshell. Wow.

The older kids were wonderful and they had the extra boost of the Vienna Phil boys filling in. It was magical. I could feel the music in the trees.

Isaac Mizrahi was there to narrate "Peter and the Wolf." I have to say he was note perfect - very animated and funny, and the kids loved him.


My bad paparazzi shot of IM.

It was a blissful and FREE Sunday afternoon and another shared moment between me and my new city.


I took this shot of my mom who was there in the trees and the breeze. I felt her there on this day and it was a comfort. God I miss her. I cannot say it does not suck.




I cannot figure how to reposition these vids in the post (Dammit!) but here are some clips from the event. I took the first one partially sideways because I was not thinking. Crane head left for first 2 thirds!

No comments: