Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's a Jolly Holiday with Skipper

Dog and the City

The happy family.

Day One of my Life in the West Village with Skipper. We left off yesterday with Sean giving me dogsitting training and today was the real deal: me and Skipper alone in the big city.

My friend Sue met us and we decided to treat Skipper to a West Village Extravaganza Walk. We walked down to the Hudson River Walkway.

Speck-Tack-U-Lar.

The sun was shining and the grass and the piers were virtual beaches. Great "I wish I had that body" watching.

Skipper walked at a fair clip and we all just had a ball. We looked like a happy couple out for a walk in our cool West Village neighborhood with our dog.

All lies.

After walking along the river we wended our way in and passed by Julian Schnabel's cute little PALAZZO Chupi. Frankly it is massive and I want to be invited to a party there. Apparently times are hard for even Julian as he had to sell a Picasso.

Julian's house.

Then for some reason I ended up inside a Christian Louboutin store on Horatio St. I was egged on by Sue. These crazy pumps are $900/$1000 dollars. And then you gotta get the dress and purse to match. And then you gotta get invited to Julian's Palazzo to rationalize the whole damn thing. Stress.

Sue and Skipper outside Christian's store.



It was at the pump store where Skipper was just losing it, poor thing. We had to get home stat.

What a perfect day in my perfect WV life for a perfect Memorial Day weekend.

The sun setting from my weekend getaway. See the Hudson River straight ahead?

No comments: