Monday, May 25, 2009

Holiday on the Hudson

Skipper and I walked from our swank West Village digs on our final day of sitter/dog bliss down to the Hudson River Walkway (or whatever it is officially called - always a mystery to me. Readers?). Others were in traffic coming back from East Hampton and Provincetown and we were already at the beach. I tell you these New York folk lie out every chance they get.

In a city swarming and teeming and undulating with millions, it was just peaceful here at water's edge. Granted no one was swimming, but there weren't any dead bodies floating either. (See? I AM always half full!)


And low and behold in this city of a gazillion, I ran into my friend Enrique who was in the shade studying for his green architect's exam. What a perfect spot to stay inspired (and distracted!). I will never get sick of the small town feel I have here. (Unless, of course, I owe you money.)

Enrique, Pat, Skipper

Here Skipper looks like she is just arriving from Eastern Europe to the new World.

The outstretched paw expresses all the emotion of an immigrant's struggle, don't you feel it?

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

Yes--reaching for Jersey and manifest destiny.