Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jennifer Makes the Blog

My life is like a movie, Part 387.

I am continuously slayed by what a small town New York City is to me --and combined with how I feel I like I live in it like it is an old backlot MGM musical... There are costumes and sets and people and story lines falling off trees here. There is hustle-bustle and the sound of brass and strings tuning up.

I feel almost daily inspiration and excitement.

Blah, blah, blah, I know, but IT'S TRUE!

So Brian and I are walking through Shubert Alley on our way to 9th Avenue to grab dinner when to my left I here "Patrick!!" coming out of the doors of the world-famous theatre-district restaurant Sardis. It is my friend Jennifer's voice. She is with Dennis and Gary. We all had New Year's Eve in '07 chez our pal Jerry Blake. They have just had dinner or drinks or opium or whatever and are rushing to catch "Mary Stuart" at the Broadhurst across the way. This is bloody Times Square folks, you ain't supposed to run into neighbors!

They came at us like a tracking shot and if they weren't rushing for curtain there would have been a musical number for sure. It felt like right out of "Follies" and the New York of old where everyone is dining and rushing to get to the theatre. I loved it. It was a Nanette Fabray, Gene Kelly, Betty Garrett, Donald O'Connor kind of vibe.

We did manage to grab a man off the street who realized the importance of time to take this quick shot.

Dennis, Gary, Jennifer, Pat, Brian

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah, not only did I make the blog but my name is in the title!

Criticlasm said...

Running into random people is the best thing about NY.