Saturday, May 16, 2009

Alone Again, Unnaturally

I stayed home tonight.

Had a quiet moment.

Simple. Peaceful.

In order to pull this off, I had to climb the walls and pace. I struggled with not doing SOMETHING! There is a whole city out there. New York itself is theatre! I have to engage! NOW!! I am part of this whole crazy island. I have to have go out and spray my territory!

And I am exhausted.

I rarely am home (by choice) and I so appreciate all the great people I get to see and things I get to do, but a guy has to stay in once in a while. Recharge. Check in.

Especially a guy on a budget.
Though I have been careful, the admission to walk on the streets in New York is about $20 now, what with a coffee and getting something from the grocery and picking up a birthday card.

At home you can not spend (still have fear of 'ordering in' so this is good thing!) and you have to be engaged with yourself.

Turns out I had a GREAT night. I made dinner, watched two movies. It was an unintentional abortion-themed double feature. I saw the Romanian Palme d'Or winner "4 Months, 3 Weeks & 2 Days" followed by Albert Finney's first film, 'Saturday Night and Sunday Morning." Wow, sort of a calendar theme as well.

Once I was safely here and into the films, I was happy. Should try this more often. I hear a lot of people do it.

No comments: