Monday, January 19, 2009

Visiting

How cute is she!

A few days ago my friend Sean came north of 14th Street to bring me groceries and we went out and grabbed some lunch. It was perfect. A simple joy that makes life so wonderful. I had to grab his arm while we walked like an old man because I am still unsteady on my feet, but no matter, it was great to get out and be with a friend.

Today was another wonderful day like that. No job, no relationship, no Publisher's Clearing House, just a friend dropped by and took me for a walk in the Park. First Nicole came over and brought lunch. We dined together in the flat and caught up. Then we bundled up and went out into this most spectacular winter wonderland. Huge snowflakes fell and the world was duvet-ed in snow! We walked in Central Park and the magic in there will fuel me for a while.

Me unintentionally doing my Bell's palsy Zoolander pose with a babe on my arm!

Kids were sledding and adults were strolling and one man whom we spoke with was cross country skiing. Fantastic.

Not Vermont, Central Park!!

Upon leaving the park we realized we were on our friend Shawn's street and we called her and asked if we could drop by for a visit. She said of course and the three friends had a hang and a chat while the beautiful snow fell outside. Perfection, perfection, perfection.

Nicole took me to Duane Reade to pick up my latest batch of pills and made sure I got home and that was my day.

So grateful for simple joys. It helps one turn a corner.

No comments: