Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh Happy Day



Play while reading.

From seeing the new First Family all bright and shiny and full of promise and CHANGE to Aretha's hat to hearing the Rev. Joseph Lowery deliver the wonderful benediction to inhaling Yo-Yo, Itzhak et al playing "Simple Gifts" just moved me so much. And I have to say I was equally moved to see the Bushs get on that plane and get out. And Cheney looking like the rotter Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life" in that wheelchair with blanket and knowing he is going.

Such simple gifts indeed!

I had my own simple gift in that I ventured out to an inauguration lunch I was invited to. I had planned to send regrets because of my balance and my face! But being encouraged by the wonderful hostess, I went. It was about 8 or 9 people at a beautiful apartment on the Upper East Side overlooking snow covered trees and brownstone buildings. We had the most wonderful time. There were finance people and actors and unemployed folk and retired people. We had our own brain trust of punditry!




I think one of the greatest gifts to give is bringing people together. And another is attending! I so love meeting new people and hearing different points of view. (The latter has been hard for me lately, but I am opening up because I realize there has to be discussion.) It was a great day and then I went home to rest.

All in all I am going to give this day and A and allow it to be its own thing and let the future take its course in due time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patters - I have to say I agree with all of your observations. What a wonderful day. I really like your line, "And Cheney looking like the rotten Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life" in that wheelchair with blanket and knowing he is going." Made me giggle in a very evil sort of way.


Martine