Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Big Apple a Day

Too much of a bite I have taken, I guess, as I am sick as a dog and run into the mud. So wanted to get out and carpe the diem now that I am back in New York City, but my body said NOOOOOO! I have had a runny nose since Christmas, but now I have added a sore throat and an ear infection of sorts. Classically, I turn up the radio in my body and carry on, but I knew to shut this day down.

I went to Weight Watchers in the morning and MIRACULOUSLY lost 4.8 pounds over the last 2 weeks. This had virtually NOTHING to do with the WW program as, like most folk over the hols, I didn't much follow it. I have no idea how this happened as I ate porridge by day and sweets by night. I didn't really exercise and I went to a 10 course wedding. Go figure.

After my Weight Watcher's meeting I knew that was it so I cancelled my plans and stayed in. Do you KNOW that staying in and being quiet can really be great?! I never try it I watched back to back to back "Mad Men" episodes and a doc on Eleanor Roosevelt, my new idol.

I am now fluctuating between Tina Fey and Eleanore Roosevelt with a soft spot of stubborn John Adams. Oh, what a dinner party we would have. Eleanor is an amazing person and I most admire her for her TRUE belief that all citizens should be equal under the eyes of the law. Not a popular idea with many back in her day, and even now.

You GO old girl!

I lie on my couch with my Ricola and tea and salute you!

No comments: