Friday, January 16, 2009

My Left Face

Please stay tuned to this blog as it will pick up and I will be back on my feet with New York City adventures that will AMAZE you and stories of daring do that will WOW you, but for right now it is all in my head as I lay on the couch recuperating from a drop in the temperature and my face!

Instead of dinner parties high atop Manhattan, I put eye drops into my left eye to keep it lubricated. Instead of walking in the snow in Central Park or and evening at the opera, I do facial exercises in front of the mirror to try to awaken my left face. Aha!! "My Left Face"!!!

Let's see, how can we make this into a movie: I am a mime who has to win the the huge cash prize at the World Miming Competition held once every 10 years at the top of Rockefeller Center. I need this money to pay for something, of course. It cannot be a flat screen TV and little orphan children are too overused. Wait, how about a much-needed surgery for my dog, Speckles, who is a big part of my act and my life. He rescued me from a life on the kiddie party circuit and got me into the Big Time Mime. There is a ticking clock, of course, and an evil mime, Monsieur Mal, who only wants to see me act out the word FAIL. Speckles lays dying (or is he PLAYING dead!?) and half my face is frozen like Cher's. What do I do? Monsieur Mal has the best act west of the Atlantic Ocean. And I have half a face and a mute mutt.

Stayed tuned....

No comments: