Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ahhhhhhh Mal di Testa, La Faccia Infesta

Like the groundhog checking his shadow, I surfaced to discover that my massive 3.5 day headache had gone from Code Red to Code I Don't Need to Kill Myself Just Yet. I could almost function. It has not gone away, but it has subsided greatly. I am going to credit the drops so I stop complaining about the cost (WHAT rare Rain Forest fungus could possibly be in here to justify such a cost?)

Ohmmmmmm.

I am so happy to not be in so much pain. I feel a breakthrough. In my joy I smile. But I only feel the right side of my face participating in my glee. I look into the mirror and notice the whole left side of my face is frozen. I have Bell's Palsy I am pretty certain. Yipes. I look half Amanda Plummer and half Billy Idol.

With the emotional and grateful impact of a weepy Christmas story where a father sells his fillings to get his kids a tree, and realizes he also sold his axe to get his wife some Shalimar resulting in him having to chew the tree down beaver-style with painful exposed roots, I weep with gratitude for my reduced pain and I realize my face IS NOT my paycheck.

I do pause to wonder how I will look with a Veronica Lake haircut. And an eyepatch.

Probably worse.




1 comment:

easca said...

PAT! OMG. Get a physical as soon as possible. You need to be sure you are aware of what is really going on with your health. In the meantime, treat your immune system with tender care. Thank goodness for your landlord!