Friday, January 23, 2009

Plans and Needles

Another day of nausea. I had the ENT appointment and he told me it is a waiting game now, but that I will get better. Lourdes or no Lourdes. This is good news. Patience is a hard one for me on all levels and here I am having to be patient with my face, my work, my bagpipes, New York, my life, my inabilities, and myself. Patience. I want to be graceful about it.

The doc told me I need to get up and out and get some walking in. Even if I am unsteady, but I cannot lie on the couch. This is going to be hard, but I know he is right. I walked home from 67th St wearing Audrey Hepburn sunglasses to block the wind and telling myself to walk straight. Much like being pulled over by the cops for the drunk test I would imagine.

Funnily enough I saw a blind man asking for help to hail a cab. I thought an able bodied soul should help him, but then I thought (see the recovery already!?) why not me? So the near blind lead the blind and I got him the cab and helped him get in and on his way. That stuff helps ones head I have to say.

This afternoon I had my acupuncturist appointment. My friend Nicole recommended I go to the YinOva Center which you can tell from the title is mostly about helping women get pregnant. I felt I didn't need their services as I already felt pregnant with being extremely nauseous and wobbly on my feet. The center is located off of Union Square and this was the biggest haul I had made since I got all twisty in the face. It is surreal walking through the streets of New York like you are not really there, like a ghost. But that it what it felt like. I have not felt like the rest of the world since I got sick. My heart goes further out to those who constantly feel this. It must be awful. Because for me, not being a part of the city and not being able to throw my hat up in the air and talk to strangers is pure torture. I guess I am on a vow of silence retreat right here in Manhattan.

The YinOva Center is a very lovely, very lavendery, very warm place. All this wanted to make me heave immediately. I got some water and Margaret was very nice and set to work on me. It was hard for me to lie down with all the needles in me, but we propped my head up and that helped me from throwing up like a rockstar. Finally it was quite meditative and relaxing.

I have no idea if the treatment will work or help, but I have heard it has helped others and I think Why Not. I go back on Tuesday.

Got home and had a sensible meal and heaved.

No comments: