Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Faking Well

View of Columbus Circle from the Time Warner Center.

Another day of faking well. I thought I was feeling well, but I was just faking well. I went to meet a BAFTA colleague for a coffee at Bouchon Bakery at the Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle. I was encouraged by having gone to the Inauguration luncheon yesterday and felt it was good for me psychologically to get out and talk about work.

It was a great conversation (though I was having difficulty pronouncing my "f's" due to my frozen face.). The bakery I am sure was good, but I was not in any shape to really enjoy a sinful baked good. Like choosing spaghetti Bolognese on a first date, I unwisely selected an almond raspberry croissant that I just made such a mess of with my cud-like chewing I finally gave up and dribbled coffee into my lap instead. "Pathetic" in the literal sense of the word.

After the coffee, I nipped down to Whole Foods to get something to bring home. I got home at brown rice sushi rolls and some chocolate chip cookies. [It even sounds like a nasty brew to me now!] For some reason this was beyond faking and I could not fake any longer. Something did not agree with me and I threw the whole lot up. Yay.

I had acupuncture today which I was really excited about in hopes to loosen this sleepy facial nerve. I had to cancel and lie like death warmed up on the couch.

A set back of sorts, but I have to just slow it down and accept that even this was doing too much.

It will get better. I know that. Now to accept that~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

“You will conquer by patience.”

Time is the greatest healer.

Nature moves at its own pace.

Don't worry, all the crap that you are missing out on will be there when you are ready for it!

Promise.

--Greg

easca said...

I agree with Greg. Rest your body AND your mind. Think about the Artist's way. Let go and be still. The cure will come to your body and it too will let go of this illness. Next time you have a food urge, try Zabar's chicken soup! Love, Eileen

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law has Bell's as well as a friend. They had symptoms like yours and they passed with time. Hang in there.