Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby's First New York Heave

Wake up with headache that no antibiotic will kill.

Hungry, but cannot eat.

Same stuff as yesterday.

I heave my guts. First heavage since being in New York. My first New York heavage.

Doc says I should come back in. This means I get in human clothes and head out to be around human people. Couldn't imagine how I am to do this. I suck it up and go.

Back to room with walls colored with Original Silly Putty. This place is the 24 clinic tied to Beth Israel Medical Center. Hospitals all seem to start with Beths, or Mounts or Saints. This time there was no 3 hour wait like last time where it felt like there was a bus crash in a small town with one emergency. This time it was near midnight and I was alone.

The doc thought I might have an abscess in my ear. He said I looked really ill. It was here he needed to brush my face gently with the back of his hand and let me know I would be okay. Didn't happen. He suggested an ENT appointment for tomorrow. What? Go out again? I can barely walk without careening on to the subway tracks. Which may be intentional if this head does not sort itself soon.

He says I have a lowgrade fever a well. Bring it on, buddy.

No comments: