Saturday, June 7, 2008

I'm a Winner!





More and more New York firsts.





My pal Ron was so thoughtful to invite me out for the Belmont Stakes, the New York part of the Triple Crown. Horse racing is a foreign country to me, but the sport of doing it and hanging out is novel and fun.



Ron and sis, Cynthia


We, like everyone else, went to see Big Brown win the Triple Crown. He (?) did not even come in in the top 4.



I thought that the Belmont Stakes would be like Ascot or the Kentucky Derby - ie posh with fancy drinks.


Here is what I noticed:

Lots of heat.
Lot and lots of tattoos
Loads of public drunkenness.
Lots of cleavage (mostly with tattoos)
Loads of belly button piercings
Lots of trash everywhere
Funnel Cakes
Guys peeing in bushes in picnic area
Teeth missing

Mayor Blumberg was there. That was kind of cool. His girlfriend wore a big hat willing herself to be at Ascot.


Mayor Bloomberg and hatted gf.



All in all a sweating, fun day at the races.


Oh my! I forgot I won $26.00 on "Dancing Forever" to win in the 10th.

Winning ticket

No comments: