Thursday, June 19, 2008

Get Smart. Get Sleep.




Why does anyone care what I do all day and evening? Well anyone really doesn't care. What makes this blog, well, relevant? Nothing really.
I thought I was writing about my puppy dog excitement about New York. That has not gone away, but I don't get enough sleep and my mind is racing too often lately to seem to be able to infuse this boy wonderment into my prose.

I need to get the love back. And quick. Or who am I as a blogger? As a man? As someone who brings his canvas bags to the grocery?

Went to a screening of "Get Smart" tonight at the Director's Guild on 57th with my friend Charlie. It was not such a great movie even though Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway were the perfect leads. No knock-out lipstick. Boy I loved that as a kid. That and the shoe phone.

We had dinner afterwards. Late, as one does in New York... (I wrote that only to add illusion of "high atop the blah, blah, blah" level of glamour to those reading in Minsk. ) It was a great New York chat and I loved it. Charlie has wry Southern charm and an opinion which challenges me. I nimbly conversed about all topics whilst tackling a Salade Nicoise. Deft.

Home to my perch and one of my bestest pals, Scott, called. We blethered about pipes and life, two of my fave topics. I am so excited that we get to hang at the Grove this summer with our pals. This is living.

So to recap, I went to a film with a friend, had a nice dinner, had a great phone call and am now going to bed to wake up to a Friday. Not too shabby.

No comments: