Sunday, June 22, 2008

Diver City? Blogger/Flogger?


I need a straw for my beer!

Yesterday I was at a sweet down home Mermaid Parade in Coney Island. Today I went to Folsom Street East ( I love that New York follows after my home town on this!) which is a leather/fetish festival. Now before you get all weirded out, I am a semi-professional blogger and new to New York so it is incumbent upon me to check these things out. There was a food booth, some flogging and some bare-breasted women and some leather daddies. Nothing I have not seen back home. This San Francisco boy says "Ho (mo)-hum."

And talk about soaking up the local color, (which was black leather, of course) the heavens opened up on this parade and it just poured and poured and poured. Many a butt-cheek got wet I am sure.

You laugh, but the people with the vinyl fetish were just way ahead of the game. They probably laughed all the way to the piercing booth.


Raingear


Star Wars extras? No, just New Yorkers out celebrating.


It was good for this nerd to leave and get back to the leafy-green, doggy and baby-strollery fetish of the Upper West Side and dry out and put on my sweats for my Italian Cinema fetish! A new Sunday evening ritual.

Back to business clothes tomorrow... (hey, i was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. The whole day!)