Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Coffee Date, Coffee Mate

What a great day in the city! Work, gym, coffee date, mixer and GREAT CHAT with Amy on the phone from Oakland.

The temp dropped to the doable 80s and it was nice to be out and about in town. People seemed happy to be alive. And this time, I was one of them.

jpbdayfiori

Having said that, I had my headphones in (who doesn't?) and I fear that I think I am invisible when I wear them. Like Super Power invisible. As in people cannot see me! This, of course, is nonsense AND dangerous. I notice I stare longer, I am flirtier and more self-confident because I am hiding behind bagpipe music blaring into my ears. Maybe this will one day pay off, but so far, I think it just makes me crash into ladies with shopping bags and have to yell "SORRY." I know I am yelling because I can hear me above the bagpipe music.

I decided another super power could be defensiveness. Defenso Man. I have prepared for possible scenarios. Let me try this one out on you: Whenever I feel trapped by the overly pretentious and I know I really am feeling envy and "less than" I will simple reply "Sure, but it's so derivative" to everything they say.

So that is all for today from New York City.

Man on bench outside barbershop. So derivative.

No comments: