Friday, June 6, 2008

Cafe Society



Had a meeting this morning with Carl Pritzkat, the founder of Datalounge, an on-line bulletin board that is funny, smart and up to the minute. He was really nice, funny, smart and up to the minute himself. It was a pleasure to meet him.



We had the meeting at the Antique Cafe on 27th and 8th. I loved the little place. It was NOT Starbucks, had friendly service, was tucked away, had amazing-looking baked goods and just everything you want from a neighborhood cafe.

It reminded me how much I loved all my great "one-off" cafes in San Francisco. My brother, sister and I used to hang at this one on Balboa all the time. It had mix-matched furniture and cups and saucers with chips in them, etc. I loved it. There were loads of these lovely places and most of them are gone, gone, gone.

Carl told me about the sister cafe to Antique so I am going to check that out as well. It is always good to have "back pocket" places in one's city that one likes.

No comments: