Monday, June 2, 2008

City Is Theatre

It is hot in New York at night. Windows are open. Air conditioners hum. People stand outside and whistle for their cats. I know this because the back quad area makes for good stereo sound.

The same guy who had a full on discussion with his doctor on the phone this afternoon as I was trying to work (He is fine, results were good.) is now whistling for his cat. I know this because he is explaining to some neighbor woman that he is missing his "big fat, grey, bald cat. "

If any of you find it his number is 212-2*6-4455. I know this because he just gave it to the neighbor lady.

I am not doing a Gladys Kravitz either. I am just sitting at my desk typing to you. Well, taking dictation almost.

Now he is back to doing that hissing whistling thing, or hisstling. When one is not a part of all the cat excitement it is sort of annoying.

Poor guy lost his cat. That is sad, but I am just amazed at how good the acoustics are and I can hear everything. Scary because of the conference call I had today that probably was broadcast out my window.

On another note, walking home today by Lincoln Center I heard a guy in a yarmulke say to his mom, "They even close down the website. You can't buy ANYTHING from them on Shabass."

Love that. I hope they hit "Shut down" on the computer before the sun sets.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

now THAT'S a good Jew.