Monday, June 23, 2008

Bash'd not quite Trash'd


The characters' names: T-Bag and Feminem. I kid you not.

Man. Hat. In. must get with the times. I blog, I add photos, I add video, but I have not blogged remotely from my phone. This will be the next thing. I have to keep my readers up to the minute on this dynamic life I lead in Gotham.

Anyway, like the rest of you, I worked today. Nothing to report there. But then I met my pal Jerry at the Zipper Theatre in Chelsea for the opening of a play called Bash'd: a Gay Rap Opera. I kid you not. It was a benefit for the Anti-Violence Project.

Two white Canadians rapping about being gay, falling in love, getting bashed and the consequences. Let me just say the memorization was amazing. These two guys were on stage for 90 minutes straight and rapped the whole thing. The story was a bit, well, a bit, well. I dunno. It lost me with the gun thing. I don't allow Canadians to have guns in my mind.

It was GREAT to see Jerry as always and he we had a good time catching up. We talked about normal stuff like Fire Island.

No comments: