Thursday, July 2, 2009

Michael Jackson and the Mirror

I was not going to, but I will finally pipe in on Michael Jackson. Quickly. Sad, tragic life, it seems, but what an incredible, freakish talent. He was amazing. RIP, indeed.

Tonight I was in Zumba class and the teach taught us the steps to "Thriller." I know, I know, it sounds like the kind of thing my generation will be doing in our retirement on cruise ships. It is a bit naff, but when it started, the whole class looking into the wall length mirror from the back of the studio just lit up and in...5,6,7,8!

It was so much fun and then I left with such incredible sadness. I guess it was the moment when I realized the guy who sang this, danced this was gone.

Thanks for all the music. And an era.

Here are some Philippine prison inmates doing the dance.



The Man in the Mirror.

No comments: