Thursday, October 9, 2008

When You Feel Blue, Loosen the Bag Over Your Head

Sometimes the city can be a cruel mistress. I awoke and it did not beckon. I think after being in Pennsylvania and California these past two weeks and sapped of energy or promise of future glamour, I just felt flat. The world was saying "Okay, you are back now, GO. Get that fabulous career going again. Never mind that that the world is crashing down around you, what color is your parachute, little one. Go!" It made me want to get a bottle of rye (whatever that is) and roll over and watch old "I Love Lucy" episodes. But that was all too much in itself. With only 157 channels to my name the chances of finding the red-haired soothsayer were slim.

Finally I was able to muster the muster to go to the grocery. "Oooh, people. ugggh daylight!" It was too, too...alot. But I forged ahead. Who wants to eat produce when they are depressed? I needed milk and coffee, but I threw in some spinach so I could look like someone who had it going on.

In the dried fruit and nut aisle ( I swear) I ran into my old colleague and friend Sam. He is such a light and it really forced me to put Janis Ian on PAUSE on my iphone to say hello and be a human. He was just back from Los Angeles as well and we talked about the economy and jobs and old Mr. Hooper's cow, or whatever, but Sam gave me some good ideas. I had confidence enough to buy some bananas and a soy product and went home and sent some key emails. It was great.

All of sudden I am going out at night for Zumba class. Never have coffee and a bowl of cereal right before shaking you groove thing a mile a minute in front of a 100 fit women. I love this class but I had to walk out twice as I felt faint and generally puke candidate-ish. God was clearly firm that he did not want ME to be.

So all in all a C+ day. Blecchh.

The sun will come up or out tomorrow and as God is my witness I will live to see another day...pass in front of my window.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

YOu were NOT listening to Janis Ian!

Yay for ZUmba. Do it!