Friday, October 31, 2008

The Met to Forget

Halloween. I showed my spooky photos yesterday. And saved today for my spooky mind.

Today I went to the Met to forget. I had a rough day in my head and so I thought going to the venerable museum to look at the Egyptian collection to get to perspective on how insignificant I am would help.

It did.

Wow, what a joint this is. I wish I took loads more photos from the Metropolitan Museum of Art to show you what a world class place this is. I live directly across the park from this amazing institution and love to come here just to look at mere pieces, slices of this vast place. I am never disappointed and always amazed.

I took a tour of some of the highlights of the collection and learned a lot. I cared nothing about Polynesian art until today. Amazing what educating oneself can do for ones mind, opinion and outlook.

Well, folks speaking of taking action in ones life, I am off to Columbus, OH tomorrow bright and early with other eager volunteers to help Obama get elected. I am going to be part of history, I hope. We are going to a notorious battleground state to get out the vote. I am staying on the floor of someone I don't know (and who doesn't know me - how amazingly kind she is to do this.) and drive with people I have never met because we all believe in one thing. And we are going to do it legally and non-violently.

Please go and vote. It is important beyond belief. "Belief" - that is a whole other thing.



If this were a better picture you could see the 19th century graffiti on this ancient stone. Look at the middle right. Do you see "1820"? And some dude's name above it!

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

I have like 9 pages of notes that I took in April and August at the met. The place just blows my mind. I actually shut down and had to leave from the awesomeness of it. Hee.