Tuesday, October 14, 2008

From Broken Heart to Frozen River


Tonight I went to the screening of "Frozen River" at the 34th Street Loews. It is really an excellent film about female illegal alien smugglers along the Eastern US/Canada border. It won the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance this year. I can see why.

I got to interview the director after the screening on behalf of BAFTA and moderate my first Q & A. The director is Courtney Hunt and she could not have been nicer or more engaging. Smart, articulate, bright and engaging. I was lucky. I am going to look out for what she does next.

It felt good to be out there and doing something like this. I am energized and want to do more. That is a good sign and a huge difference from post-date-end the last time. I hope it is a sign of growth and not Frozen River Heart!

So see this film when it comes out. The lead Melissa Leo is really excellent. I could watch her a whole lot.

No comments: