Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is It Just the Weather?

The weather here has changed. It is Autumn and it is cold. I had to find my gloves! I didn't expect that so soon. And scarf! It is going to be hat time for me in a short while.

I am kind of happy with this season, but sometimes the taking on and taking off and where is that glove? is a pain.

But Fall Fashions. I happened to really look at people on the subway and the street today. I don't tend to notice them in the same way in the Summer. (Lies, really, because there are some really noticeable"girls in their summer dresses" and hot college guys in shorts. Perv.)

Anyway, Fall. I am just going to say it: People in New York just look smarter than people elsewhere. They dress smart. They dress adventurously. They know how to hang a shoulder bag or wear a cap. Women (and men) pull off Glen Plaid wool trousers like champs. They layer well. They stand like they are in a spread for WWD. They walk with those little dogs and look good. How do they do that?

Notice I say "they" and not "we." I have no dress sense at all and my ass sags and I wear t-shirts with grotty sweatshirts and I look like I am hiding. I need a makeover. M nose has acne. Theirs doesn't. That has been my fashion statement for Fall -AcneNose.

And don't get me started on the European families coming here. They all look like they are out of some stunning catalogue that sells sweaters and ginger bread and apple cider.

I dunno. If LA got all the various weather would people look as cool? I don't think so. Four words: Gold Lame Down Jackets And as for San Francisco, I think all the clothing would be too angry. And the rest of the country, who knows.

It was a slow news/nose day here at Man. Hat. In.

No comments: