Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How to Use Friends and Retaliate.

I went to a screening tonight of "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" with my friend Nicole and her boyfriend Rick. It was great to see them and it was fun to go to a screening together. It was at the Director's Guild on 57th Street which I think it always fun.

I am on the screening committee for this film society and when I walked in, like "A Star is Born" the woman who was to introduce the film had a sore throat so I went on to do it. Stand back, people! I am just off a Best Man's speech and I was a major film introducer at Sundance Film Festival in Park City a few years back so this is no problem.

And it wasn't except I still get nervous. But I also want to make jokes and tell my life story ie "This film you are about to see reminds me of a time in my own life when I was a fish out of water moving to this very city...' Blah, blah, blah. Thank God they gave me a BLOG that no one reads so I wouldn't have to bore the movie-going public.

Some old Brit gents behind us gave me good marks for personality and brevity. That was nice. Now to work on both!

The coolest thing of all is that I got to tape off seats for me and my guests. From LA to New York, I have been shunned and taunted by taped-off VIP seating that was never for me. I have never had anything taped off for me except holes on my chanter (insider bagpipe joke that will go down like a torpedo even with the piping crowd.)


I even got to keep the role. What will I tape off next?

No comments: