Friday, October 3, 2008

Wedding Belles

Greg and Mark wrapping the hot tub.

Lynn preps glass suns for shipment to the beach. Mark continues to pretend he is driving a tiny car.

The rehearsal with officiant and stand-in best man


I woke up in California this morning. Land of my forefathers. Not really, as I am the first generation born here in my family. Land of my forelife, I guess.

I am staying in the Tiki Suite at Greg and George's lovely California bungalow in Long Beach. The best man duties started early. I scrubbed the deck. Yes, I did. I then hot glued ribbon to maypoles and helped tie raffia around sunflowers. I was on the production line for the the gift bags stuffing. I owe my 5 readers a photos of the contents.

The wedding is conceived by Greg and he is the master at thorough detailing. There is a heavy sunflower theme here and there is a logo and specific music. A little red wedding hen to be sure where everyone scoffs and eyerolls and calls the poor guy Bridezilla, but he really pulls off a hell of an event. I can tell this will be great.


The AMAZING help crew. What a great team we were.

We had the rehearsal down at the beach with the wedding planner from Westchester, New York. Greg and Lynn and I walked back from the beach to time out the precession tomorrow as people will sing California-themed songs all the way back caryying maypoles, sunflowers and glass suns. Not a beat is missed here.

Anyway, I am exhausted and jet lagged, but I am excited for Greg and George. It will be a good day tomorrow.

Watch this space.

No comments: