Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BUR-JFK

I have to say as much as I had a wonderful time in SoCal, I was ready to get back to New York. I was not looking or wondering if I would have this feeling, but it is clear that I am happy in New York right now and want to go back. That is a good thing as that is where I live!

This was the first time I flew JetBlue. I have to say it was a really pleasant experience. I was able to fly JFK to Long Beach and fly back to JFK from Burbank for no increase in fare. The legroom was excellent and I am 6'3" so I can speak to this and the staff were all great. I got switched to an aisle seat no problem. The TV screens on the seatbacks (when do you EVER use this word but when doing "plane talk"?) even had live television. I say this in my finest ho-dad voice as I had no idea. This enabled me to watch the VP debates on the way out and pre-game Obama/McCain debate punditry on the way back.

My hope was to get home in time to watch the actual presidential debates, but I missed the whole thing and just watched the aftermath. Thanks to friends' Facebook status updates that I read on my iphone on the train into town, I could tell that McCain used the word "friend" a lot, but that is all I got.

So good to see my wee place and unpack. Ron called and that was great too.

I have to show the gift bag from the wedding. Greg is a branding guy by profession and the California "sun" theme played throughout the event even down to the gift bags. I would expect no less.


1. CD with songs such as "California, Here I Come" and " I Love LA"
2. Greg and George-branded lip balm with sunflower oil
3. Sunflower seeds for growing your own
4. Sea shell
5. Golden-toned Greg and George-branded matches with G & G custom logo.
6. Tin of chocolate-covered sunflower seeds.
7. Golden, glittery gift bag to hold it all.

No comments: