Friday, October 24, 2008

The Real Silverlakians of New York City

My friend Michael is here from LA working on "The Real Housewives of New York City," a show I saw on a plane from NY to LA recently and have to admit I got hooked. I kind of officially scoff at reality TV, but boy they know how to make it. Hours of one's life can be happily given over to hours of housewives' lives in a blink. You have OC, Hotlanta and NYC to choose from. A lot of sitting on your couch screaming, as melted butter runs down your face: "Oh, no she didden!!!"

I secretly have always adored Michael. He is such a fun, funny, sweet and good natured young chap. He even has eye-twinklage. In fact, I kind of want to be him. I am glad we have kept in touch. We lived around the corner from each other in Silver Lake, but rarely borrowed sugar. One of us was always in Europe, shooting.

We had a drink and chatted about dating, working, and adopting babies from countries that are in right now. The usual urban boy chat. Then it was over to Upright Citizens Brigade to catch a show. This is home to many "30 Rock" and "SNL" folk and you can still see a show for a FIVER! No drink minimum! Why am I not here always?

And because we started when most people were still out earning a living, our night ended at 8pm as we air-kissed on 8th Avenue and the cooler one of us headed to his downtown pad, and I, I mean, the other one, headed uptown.

I even have a photo of the two of us to document this most excellent night, but the camera oddly added 22 pounds only to my side of the frame and my vanity will not permit unfortunate double chinnage being exposed worldwide to my 5.5 global readers.

Michael, of course, looks cute as a button.

No comments: