Friday, October 17, 2008

Cherry Valley, NY

My landlords John and Aris who are just the greatest invited me to be their guest for the weekend at their house in upstate New York. I told John that it was just great, great timing for me as I really wanted to be out of town after last weekend. We got in the car at around 8:30pm - 3 boys, 2 dogs, and supplies in the back. We made it to our first stop, Starbucks, around 8:32pm.

I always love road trips as they are license to eat crap, as if healthy food is forbidden along any interstate. Every Ding Dong, Cheeto and gooey whatever is fair game to provide much needed energy for a 4 hour drive. We stopped for pizza at a truck stop and it was delicious. And one giant slice will not do the trick as much as two giant slices. Washed down with ice cream at the next stop when we refill the tank. Mmmmm, road trips and broken hearts go well together.

We got to Cherry Valley around 12:30pm and I was just amazed at how warm and beautiful their place is, but when I think about how warm and beautiful my place is in town, which Aris decorated, I shouldn't be.

Ahhh, sweet slumber in the country. G'night.

No comments: