Friday, April 25, 2008

Uptown Bus

16,958 Steps


Where's Bob?

Fidelma and I continued with our open air bus tour. We did the upper part of Manhattan. First stop was St. John the Divine. It is the largest cathedral in the world. The Vatican is not technically a cathedral. There is a statue of heaven and hell there where God and the devil have the same face! Ponder.


Harlem. Was Haarlem.

We had a GREAT tour guide who knew so much about so much. I bet he moonlights as a history professor at Columbia. I loved travelling down 5th Avenue passed the mansions. We even saw disgraced Gov. Elliot Spitzer's house. His prostitute has a down-loadable song that she recorded where she makes 70 cents per download profit. She has over 2 million downloads after the scandal! Do the math and wonder why you are not leaving your desk to become a singing prostitute.


2 Micks find me namesake pub. Self-promotion much?

After an ill-fated attempt to get to Ellis Island, Fidelma and I had a good walk around St. Pat's, Rockefeller Center and Grand Central Terminal. Lovely.

Then, folks, it was high-style, big city, al fresco dining on my patio in the sky. Such a lovely night it was and what a great time we had then it was knackered-town and falling asleep.
Respecting Fidelma's "No Photos" wishes, I present her arm.
Oh my. Where did I get this voice from!? Yipes. Fidelma hates her voice too I find out so this is rare.

1 comment:

charlotte said...

I highly recommend the spectacular view of the entire city from the top of 30 Rock. That was the very last thing we did (just this past!) Sunday afternoon (seems so much longer ago!) before heading to the airport, and it was well worth the $20 each, I think it was. Especially after having toured all over the city, I think your cousin would enjoy pinpointing from above all the places she's been on the ground. I know I did! :)