Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fidelma Takes Manhattan

Final days suck. Cousin Fidelma left this evening. But we had a great day leading up. No pressures of museums, shopping, lost passports in a drunken haze. All we had was Greenwich Village. Sean, Greenwich Village denizen, and probably most photographed man in this blog, met us at Florent in the Meatpacking district for breakfast. It was fun, fast and fashionable. We all split pancakes for our starter. Something you do when you have all but forgotten that you used to love Weight Watchers. "Yes, we'll have the full pancake breakfast to start and then I'll have. ..." And then you insist on SKIM milk.



Excellent composition.


Warm and friendly, but no composition. And no feet.

Fidelma and I parted ways with Sean and did our Village tours. We saw writers' houses and coffee houses and Bob Dylan's guitar string shop and the arch in Washington Square and mused at many a mews. As we were coming upon the narrowest house in New York City here comes my friend Sue carrying purchases that essentially looked like a baguette and a bunch of flowers. I don't think there were actually flowers, but it just helps the small town neighborly aspect of the tale. I had not seen Sue in ages, but she knew of Fidelma's adventures thanks to the blog. (Small town meets Hi tech gazette) (Hi Sue it was great to see you! Have a GREAT time in Turkey!)

I wanted to photograph new and old world pals but here I hit a double word score of NO. Fidelma and I already had an agreement of no facial pictures of her as she hates having her photo taken and Sue pulled the "It's Sunday morning and I have not had my shower, no way" clause. They both agreed to this "footage":


Two Lovely women. So pretty and so youthful. Belles with Bags.


Glamour ended and we had to get Fidelma to Port Authority to take the bus to JFK. It all worked out like a charm. Though we sadly did not get to see our cousin Margaret in Queens and have a massive Ward US reunion, we had a wonderful, wonderful time together. I am so glad we have kept in touch. Now it is my turn to invade her country!


So sad that Fidelma is leaving.


Making certain she is actually gone.

No comments: