Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Moon Rises in Zenovich

Such a rip off, turns out "Horton Hears a Hoo" wasn't showing with "Polanksi:Wanted and Desired" after all.

This is a Marina Zenovich Year. Or this year is "Zenovichian." Marina made the film "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired" and I plug it here because I can do that. I met her through our mutual friend Robin. I became a big fan and Marina went off the be the festival darling at Sundance this year. Her film sold to HBO and she got an excellent review in the New York Times recently as her film is showing here and in LA for one week for Oscar consideration.

You all know the drill: you make a film, you get it in a major international festival, you get BUZZ and you sell to HBO where loads of people will see your work and get more press. Then you get in gear for an Academy Award nom. Simple.


It really is an amazing story. I am so happy for her.

I went to the Coliseum Cinemas at 181st Street here in Manhattan to see "RP:WAD." Not a lot of glamour around these parts. I felt odd in my sixfootthree whiteatude whipping out my i-Phone in a sea of horchata vendors to find the theatre. Goofy. I took photos to send to Marina of her big NY premier. She called me and thanked me and loved the photos. Certainly not for the thought and not the composition.

All I care about is what she says when she says about me on that podium! Really great doc. Watch it when it comes on HBO.

No comments: