Friday, April 18, 2008

Friends. Food. Music. I Heart NY!


Ron, Vince, Michael, Fabio, Kara, Gillian, Pat, Brad
@ OG

I took the subway to meet friends at OG Restaurant in the East Village for dinner. I was seated on the B train and listening to music as I was flipping through the photos on my iPhone . What we in the business call multimedia/multitasking. With the combined music and visuals I was even "scoring to picture!" Looking at all those faces close and far that are near and dear to me and listening to this amazing score, I was OVERCOME with delirious happiness. Overcome, I tell you. I kid you not. I felt so incredibly blessed and happy to have all these people in my life and to have had an incredible life. It is truly a wonderful life. I am not planning on going anywhere, but I just have to say! It is hard to have an emotional spew in a crowded subway, but I did. Perhaps even an Indian garbage tear.


Lobster. Mmmmm

So I get off the train and walk to OG where my good friend Ron works. Brad from LA, Michael and Fabio from San Francisco, Kara and Vince who came up from Philly and Gillian from New York and Ron and I all joined together on a warm Spring night at this great restaurant and had just an amazing time together. Old and new friends just hitting it off. I have to say my total "social orgasm" is having people from different parts of life meet each other. And I was meeting new people too so it was just great. The food was superb as well. Go here! Who doesn't like lobster Asian fusion crepes and gorgeous halibut? A total Asianfusioneastvillage YUM.





Then it was off, OF COURSE, to the world famous The Blue Note jazz club in the West Village at midnight to hear Kara's friend's band Rubblebucket Orchestra. I felt like the war had just ended and we were off to celebrate. (If only.) It was so much fun, but getting to bed at 4am SUCKS!!!


Rubblebucket. Youthful energy

Still my joy over an evening of food and friends and music makes for sweet jazzy dreams.


Ron and Gillian. So cute together.

No comments: