Friday, April 11, 2008

It Is a Powerful Thing. It Just Is.



This morning the sun was shining on me and New York City. I had an job interview and I woke up happy! I got up and got dressed in clothes that fit nicely and I looked good and felt good. Imagine. I took the B to 42nd Street and walked through Bryant Park with the sun shining and Jill Sobule on my headphones. I felt taller and my stride was longer. I felt better looking than I really am and people noticed. I know they did. There were people all around me, loads of daffodils everywhere and Grand Central Station, the main library and the Chrysler Building all coming at me as if I were strutting through a magical pop-up book.



A piano could have fallen on me today and it would have been okay. Today I would have died happy.



Bottle it up and I'll take all ya got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Patrick,
What a happy post to read. Glad you had a lovely spring day. Wishing you many many more!
Tom from the NY Something