Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving in New York City. Pinch Me Now!

15357 Steps



There are certain days one has to pinch oneself because they were just plain perfect.
Today was one of them. And it so happened to be Thanksgiving Day. Perfect. I didn't even have to feign gratitude, it was pure and honest. Besides being Thanksgiving Day, it was also the 44th anniversary of Pres. Kennedy's death, the 13th anniversary of my dad's death and my good pal's Marian's birthday. I was able to light a candle for them all at St. Pat's which was pretty cool.


Brian and I got up and watched the police trot down my street to get into parade mode. We walked down to Broadway and 50th and met Sue at my workplace where we joined others with coffee and bagels and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Wunderbar. Loved it.
The three of us then left and went to Sue's workplace, Rockfeller Center, and went to the observation deck on the top. Remarkable views with an AMAZING view of the fall colors in Central Park.
Brian and I then went to Radio City Music Hall to the 75th Annual Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. Sidebar please everyone:....over here... I don't want to come across like a total freak, but this was the BEST spectacular I have EVER seen in my LIFE! Leggy Rockettes, precision toy soldiers, probably 50 to 100 dancing Santas, the Nativity recreated complete with camels, and MORE Rockettes. It gave me more than I paid. As Steve Martin would say "I made money off that show." Wow, wow, wow. AND a full orchestra. I think me and every girl of My Little Pony age had a fantastic time.



I picked myself up and we walked up 5th Avenue and through the park, past the Dakota and back to my place where Brian, Susan and my friend Tony and I had a great Thanksgiving celebration. Thanks to Sue's heating skills I was able to pull off the meal with ease. My first Thanksgiving in my New York apartment. It could not have been a better day, better company or better anything. I am just the luckiest guy I know this evening and I know it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.


















1 comment:

Tony Westbrook said...

I second that emotion. A perfect Day!!!
Thank you Patrick.