Sunday, November 4, 2007

November 4th.

10739 Steps




Today was the New York City Marathon, the largest marathon race in the world. I was there with my friend Sean and we burned major calories cheering on the runners from all over the world.



Today is also November 4th. This was Sean's birthday. And my brother Sean's birthday. And my mum's birthday. And my friend Larry's birthday. Wow. A bonanza of birthdays of some really great people. Happy Birthday to all of you.




I got to speak with my brother and Larry on the phone. That was a gift to me to talk to them.
My brother Sean and me.
Remember when long distance phone calls were this thing where you got a quick second on the phone to say hello and how is the weather there and I miss you and then you had to hand the receiver back to one of your parents because this call is costing a fortune and nothing of any substance got said due to the pressure to be brief? What a gift cell phones are in that way that we can blether on about whatever to whomever for forever. And though this can allow for some on and on calls, it can also afford us the opportunity to check in with those far away and really have a talk. I had some good ones today. That was cool.





In not related news I have had a headache all day (even though I seemed to have masked it pretty well!) and I think I may have a bit of a cold. Going to hit the hay early tonight and try and get some sleep before starting the week.










1 comment:

Stu Maddux said...

Oh Patrick how Steve K and I miss you so. Seeing you every day I mean. This is the next best thing. Thanks for the updates.