Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Eve. Before the Parade Passes By

Whatta day. Another great day in the Big Apple Pie with ice cream and all the fixins'. We had a short day at work which was nice and I was able to get a lot done so Monday will not feel like HELLLL!!! Let's not even talk about Monday because there is a lot of livin' to do until then.

My friend Kevin and his girlfriend Kuni and his son Ian were in town for the hols and we got to meet for coffee right by my work as they were just at Radio City doing what Brian and I are going to do tomorrow: watch a bunch of leggy girls and the Nativity recreated before our eyes. Kevin and I used to work together when I was at Fox Kids. He was probably my favorite writer to work with. I felt we collaborated well and here we are friends all these years later. It was great to see them. Kuni is a producer on Dora the Explorer at Nick and she will actually be holding one of the ropes keeping massive Dorah from massive destruction tomorrow. I don't know a Rockette (yet!), but I do know a balloon guy rope holder in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. That is worth a triple word score in my book.



After work I walked up to Columbus Circle and went into the depths of the Time Warner Building to face the most crowded Whole Foods you will ever see. I got provisions and went through this winding labyrinth of a check out only to wait for 30 minutes to pick up my Two Thanksgiving Dinners for Two. This was two huge bags, plus my work bag and a giant roasting pan that accompanied me onto the subway. Thankfully it was only a few stops.

Brian came from JFK via taxi and met me outside Zabars on the corner of 80th and Broadway. It was so fantastic to see him. After dinner at Artie's Deli we went to see the balloons being blown up for the parade in the morning. It was an amazing parade in itself. This pre-event takes place at the end of my block and through to Central Park West. Loads of people took to the streets. This was a big deal. I had no idea. Brian and I walked with the masses and then home for tea, basketball and now slumber.
(top: Brian and Shrek, bottowm Pat and Shrek)
The boys with an ashamed Mr. Potato Head

No comments: