Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Will Go to the Opening of an Envelope




9383 Steps

At least right now. I say yes to it all. "Ribbon cutting for the new TJ Maxx?" "Sure." Fundraiser for "Children with a Mommy and a Daddy"? "Bien Sur." "The I'm Someone and So Are You" Awards? "I have a shirt and tie that is perfect for that."

Tonight I was at the International Emmys cocktail party. It was full of people who come from countries with stronger currency than ours. I met a guy who produces a show for RTE in Ireland and a woman from Brazil and a guy from Wales and two guys from S. Africa who are nominated in the comedy category. A woman I am on the BAFTA TV committee with invited me as her guest and we had a good time. Tomorrow I go to the "Courage Awards" which sounds like the most ambiguous name for an awards, but, hey, I have no idea what you got courage for, but I will be there to cheer you on. My work has a table and since all the really important people are gone for the holiday week, I think they invited me to attend. I cannot figure it otherwise, but who am I to say no? "The People Who Get Invited to Awards But Can Say No to Attending the Awards Awards. "

On the way home from the event, I tried to give two ladies my seat and the one next to me. They said they were getting off at the next stop. I asked if they were from Scotland and they were! And just south of where my mum grew up. We had a good chat. And, like all other Europeans, they were here to do their Christmas shopping.

Today I met my Sunday breakfast guys in the Village. Always a good time. I love that I have a Sunday routine and it is great. It was a cold and rainy day today. And the cold here is wet so it goes through you. Perhaps inspired by my days in Scotland I went back home and got my pipes and played in the freezing cold in the park. It was fun, I have to say.

Looking so forward to Thanksgiving. My friend Brian is coming in from Seattle and we will have a call being dorky tourists in NYC together. I also have a friend Kevin who will be here with his girlfriend so I hope to see them too. And Greg and George, of course! It will be a whirlwind of holiday fun. But first...3 days of work.

No comments: