Saturday, November 10, 2007

This is your waist on Caramel Swirl

217 lbs.

14157 Steps



I slept in a bit which was great, but then I lay there and thought "You should go to Weight Watchers." The thought haunted me. I knew I could not bring my ice cream and cookies to Weight Watchers. At least not in the volume I was eating them. This peaceful morning has turned into a self-imposed intervention. With thoughts of H & H bagels and cream cheese dancing in my head, I got up and went to 73rd and Broadway. There were loads of middle-aged and retired woman and a reluctant husband - I knew I was home.

Tipped the scales at 217. My target is 200. It was a relief just to know and to bring to a halt the fallacy that I knew was a lie, but embraced like a lover leaving for war - walking to and from the subway does not burn off anything you can possibly ingest. So there you have it. No. So there I have - 17 pounds to lose. I am game.

Went to Fairway for low point food, picked up my laundry that had been waiting for a week for me and headed home. I made myself a delish low point breakfast eggs with smoked sturgeon and that bread from Germany that you could use to exfoliate your entire body and then have birds feed from your face. What, you have never done that?!

Since this is one of only two days off I had to multitask quickly. I blew my pipes (ONLY the drones) in the flat while watching a doc on Yves St. Laurent for work. It was subtitled so it all worked. I then went to the park in 47 degree weather and played pipes. It had been two weeks and it was tough going, but I am determined. After dropping off my pipes I went out and walked along the Hudson while listening to bagpipes on my i-pod. Beautiful wintry day with the sun going down and the lights of the city starting to glow.

Had dinner with my friend Sue at a little neighborhood Italian place. Great to see her as it has been a long while. She started a fantastic new job and gave me some good Californian ex-pat advice on living in New York. One of which was deal with the prices, this is how much it costs here. Good advice.

No comments: