Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday. Rain. Two of my favorite words.

6551 Steps

I made it solo through another week on the desk. I am getting the hang of this . I am making nice and I am doing a pretty good job. I think they are pleased and I feel I will be able to pull it out after all. Wait a second, of course I will! I am a middle-aged college grad who used to run a division at a major network. I have played in the Pipe Band World Championships in Scotland 4 times. I have survived a burst gangrenous appendix, a mugging, cigarettes, alcohol, an ulcer, a few broken hearts. I was on the All-City (San Francisco) basketball team, started my own newspaper, wrote 3 plays and was valedictorian - all by the time I was 13. I am a published poet fer crissakes! I am going to MARCH in there on Monday and demand a raise and then quit, that is how confident I am!!!

Okay. Whew. Maybe I will just be grateful for work and do the best I can and see what happens.


Met up with Duane on this rainy Friday night. He is friends with my pals Mike and Joe in Los Angeles. We had a good time and it was fun to listen to Duane's stories of living here 27 years. He really does a lot with his life and I found it inspiring. Another nice New Yorker I have met.



Home in the cold and the rain and so happy to be able to sleep in and make coffee in the morning.

No comments: