Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Musée d'Orsay


I felt guilt at not coming back here this trip. I didn't seem to for the Louvre, but somehow here. So I got back here on my last day in Paris this trip and surrounded myself with art that was both moving and woeful.  And all in the most magnificent train station cum museum in the monde!  

I have to say I think of my sister Seona when I am here. I think she would love it. 


It is such a French place to be in so many ways.  Duh, it is in France, but it is somehow more than that.



Such a bummer that they are doing improvements. I say this selfishly as I was not able to walk out and look over the Seine which is part of being at Musée d'Orsay for me. But nonetheless seeing Vincent and those Courbet's!  Wow, those Courbet's!   They were amazing.  I am moved.  I am sad. I had to leave.

No comments: